12/08/2006

Daily Lowbrow Painting: Devilish Face

devilishfacebobhorner


Devilish Face, 6.5" x 5.5", acrylic on 3/4" poplar wood slab w/ poplar horns, ready to hang


Hi. Once again I made a new face on poplar. Here's a lowbrow folk art type devil painting with horns. I'm going to have to get a picture of all these faces hanging together. They go great together as a group. I still have to figure out what they are. They're paintings but sculptural. They're kind of like folk art but also like lowbrow comic book illustration. Doesn't matter anyway I guess. It's really cool when I put the last black ink job on them and they come to life. Thanks for looking!


Bid on my artwork here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are great!
-the grogmonsters

9:33 PM  
Blogger Bob Horner said...

Thanks! They're lots of fun to make. I like your plush grogmonsters a lot, by the way.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home