1/05/2009

Christmas Presents


Hi. Here are two Christmas presents I made for my mom and brother. This first one was for my brother. It's called a jig doll or limberjack. It's a dancing folk art type doll. You stick a dowel rod in his back and sit him on a long board and make him dance. I think they started in Ireland and they dance an Irish Jig so they're called jig dolls there. They're also called limberjacks. You can see them in action on YouTube if you search jigdoll or limberjack. My brother bought the blank doll and I painted it.


jigdoll1


jigdoll2


Here's a link showing one dancing:
jig doll link


This painting below was for my mom. It's her dog, Tiny, wearing an Ohio State Buckeyes sweater. I included a couple pics of Tiny to show her tongue. Her tongue hangs out constantly and is that long.


tiny1


tinypic2


tinypic1


I have new stuff in the works right now. I'll have some new paintings for sale in a couple days. Lots of artwork is available in my Etsy art store. My Etsy store can be found here:

www.BobHornerArt.etsy.com


Thanks for looking!
Bob Horner

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the jig doll. Would like to feature it please on my web page at: http://chrisbrady.itgo.com/jigdolls/jigdolls.htm

9:26 AM  
Blogger Bob Horner said...

Hi. You can add my jigdoll to your webpage as long as you keep the pics as is with my name. Thanks -Bob

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bob. Many thanks. It is just a simple link that I need. You have great painting style. Take care - Chris B.

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home