11/01/2006

A Painting A Day: Look Away

Hi. Seven paintings in seven days. It's a habit now. This painting gave me fits. I'm still not sure what I think about it. It's more abstract which I like and more painterly which is what I was going for. It's more of a surrealistic style shoving different things into the composition. I've made a ton of similar abstract drawings like this but they turn out a lot different when painted. Adding color and brushstrokes changes the style a lot. The compositions become more rich and complex but it becomes more difficult to pull it off. Nothing ventured, nothing gained though. I'm trying to push my paintings forward. I'm going to list a couple paintings on eBay probably Thursday night.



LookAway©BobHorner




Look Away, 8" x 10", acrylic on masonite panel


Bid on my artwork here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home